Exodus – Solutions Ltd provides a wide range of services across many sectors, these services from time to time will include activities associated with:
- Accredited Certification
- Independent 3rd party assessment
- Independent Audits
- Separation between Training and Assessment
- Separation between Schemes and Training/Assessment
- Separation between customers
- Separation between Partners and stakeholders
- Data Protection and security
Impartiality is a key component of our business ethics. We adhere to transparent procedures based on ISO 17021 and ISO 17024, which contain built-in checks to manage and regulate the services we provide to all clients.
We recognise the following as threats to our impartiality:
- Self-interest threats: threats that arise from an individual or organisation acting in their own interest. For example, one potential threat to certification impartiality is financial self-interest.
- Self-review threats: threats that arise from a person or body reviewing work done by themselves. Auditing the management systems of a client to whom the certification body provided management systems consultancy would be a self-review threat.
- Familiarity (or trust) threats: threats that arise from a person or body being too familiar with or trusting of another person instead of seeking audit evidence.
- Intimidation threats: threats that arise from a person or body having a perception of being coerced openly or secretively, such as a threat to be replaced or reported to a supervisor.
- Financial impropriety threats: in addition to the threat of financial impropriety identified in the first bullet.
- Exodus – Solutions ltd also recognises that given at least part of the Exodus – Solutions ltd revenue is received by clients paying for certification, this is also a potential threat to impartiality at an organisational level.
Exodus – Solutions Ltd operates an independent Impartiality Committee. The Committee oversees Exodus – Solutions Ltd activities with a specific focus on our maintenance of objectivity and impartiality. The Impartiality Committee has clear operating Terms of Reference, which include the right to report infringements to Exodus – Solutions Ltd customers and appropriate bodies. As a minimum, Exodus – Solutions Ltd conducts a yearly impartiality risk analysis (including a meeting of the Impartiality Committee).
Every Exodus – Solutions Ltd employee has the responsibility to comply with the process and guidelines for impartiality. This obligation extends to Exodus – Solutions Ltd audit outsourcing partners and invigilation partners and is a clause included in the legal agreement put in place with such partners.
Any instance where an employee, outsourced partner or customer feels there is a threat to impartiality, they are welcome to raise the concern directly to Exodus – Solutions Ltd Managing Director: Danny Jones (firstname.lastname@example.org).
For any issues related to this statement please contact us.
Oct 2014, issued version 001, Revision 001, last updated Oct 2014